Comparing the personality profiles of team members can help you to understand how people will work together. By understanding the similarities and differences among their personalities, we can infer where they might be aligned and how they might have some challenges. The following process explains how to generate this visual comparison:
- Click the Comparisons tab
- Click Add New
- Enter a title in the Comparison Title field
- Click Submit
- Click Add
- Click the Word Surveys or Self-Development Surveys of all employees from the list so that they turn green
- Click “# assignments selected. Click here to finish.”
- Note: # will be determined by how many Word Surveys or Self-Development Surveys have been selected
- Click Generate Comparison Report
- Select the Sections that you would like to view
- Select None from the Job Survey or Composite dropdown list
- Click either Open in New Tab, Download or Email to retrieve the report
The easiest way to compare the personalities of team members is to look at each trait scale individually, note how people are similar or different, and then consider how that will affect their working relationship.
For example, sociable and analytical are opposite traits on 1 trait scale. If some members of the team are sociable, and others are analytical, team members with opposite traits will have different styles of decision making and communication. The variance in styles will be helpful in certain situations, however, can also cause misunderstandings and frustration.